- Robert S. Benton
- David Bland
- David M. Brenner
- Steve Cohen
- Scott Conrad
- Mark Darrington
- Geoff Davis
- James M. DeFrancia
- Navin Dimond
- Pete Dordick
- Mike Everett
- Greg Hartmann
- Leigh Hitz
- Alex Iskenderian
- David Johnstone
- Kevin Kelley
- Jim Nelms
- Bruce Nelson
- Tyler Seals
- Bernard Siegel
- William G. Sipple
- Rebecca Stone
- Carter Wilson
Kevin Kelley, Husch Blackwell LLP
Kevin's practice focuses on senior housing, hospitality, resorts and condominium hotels, and mixed-use, master planned communities. He assists his clients in structuring land use, zoning and other entitlements, community organization and governance, infrastructure development and building construction, marketing and sales, leasing and finance.
He also has significant experience in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of vacant lands, industrial parks, retail shopping centers and office buildings.
Kevin has counseled clients in connection with the development of resort villages and condo-hotels in Keystone and Snowmass, Colo., Stratton, Vt.; Snowshoe, W.V.; Kaanapali and Wailea, Maui, Hawaii; and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
J.D., University of Virginia, 1988
- Notes Editor, Virginia Journal of Natural Resources Law
B.A., summa cum laude, Washington & Lee University, 1985
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Distinguished Military Graduate
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association
Colorado Association of Homes and Services for the Aging
Awards & Recognitions
Colorado Super Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2009-2012
Chambers USA, Real Estate Law, 2011, 2012
Kevin’s practice is focused on senior housing, hospitality, resorts and condo-hotels and mixed-use, master planned communities. Recent representation includes the following:
- Colorado mountain community.
- Advised senior housing owners of several new independent living/assisted living/memory care (IL/AL/MC) communities in restructuring their construction loans.
- Represented senior housing developer of a $13 million IL/AL community in the Denver metro area.
- Serves as local counsel for a hotel in Estes Park, Colo.
- Serves as special counsel for the developer of a hotel with branded residences in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
- Represented owners in the development of branded and unbranded condominium hotels in ski resorts in New England and Colorado and beach resorts in Mexico.
- Served as local counsel for the redevelopment, refinancing and sale of a resort and spa in Telluride, Colo.
- Represented resort developer of a new marina village with approximately 500 vacation homes and 35,000 square feet of retail space in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico.
- Represented the original owners of a resort in Snowmass, Colo., in the sale of their resort to a related entity for approximately $262 million, plus the assumption of various liabilities.
- How Secure is your Hotel Management Agreement, Colorado Real Estate Journal, May 2, 2012.
- Salvaging the Distressed Condo Hotel, Urban Land, May 1, 2012.
- Denver Real Estate Attorneys Find Good Fit, More Potential at Husch Blackwell, Colorado Real Estate Journal, November 16, 2011.