What would you do with $50 million?
Kim Koehn of K2 Ventures received some insightful responses when he asked panelists at the South Metro Denver Real Estate Breakfast how they would place $50 million.
• Ray Pittman, senior managing director of CBRE, would buy build-to-suit development sites at Broadway and Interstate 25, Lower Downtown Denver and near Denver International Airport.
• Justin Rayburn, managing partner of iCore Global, concurred and added he’d be talking to big employers like Arrow Electronics that will create more opportunity. Plus, “I’d keep my money in South Denver.”
• Allen Kiel, president of commercial real estate services for Citywide Banks, would invest in the Centennial Airport market.
• Mark Grillo, president of Grillo Commercial Real Estate, would put his money into buildings at Main and Main with cap rates that have room for positive movement.
• Commenting that Texas can outspend Colorado when it comes to economic incentives, Metro Denver Economic Development Corp. CEO Tom Clark said, “I’d call (Texas Gov.) Rick Perry and tell him the game is up.”
Jill Jamieson-Nichols has been an Editor with the Colorado Real Estate Journal for more than 15 years, providing coverage of office, industrial, medical office and mixed-use development news in the Denver metro area, plus all property types in Northern Colorado, Boulder County and along the Highway 36 corridor.
Prior to joining CREJ, Jill was Editor of Golden's community newspaper, The Golden Transcript. Jill earned a bachelor’s degree in mass communications from Colorado State University-Pueblo.
When she's not keeping you up-to-date on the latest happenings in Colorado's commercial real estate market, Jill can be found skiing, exploring the outdoors with her dogs, playing the piano, reading, or learning computer graphics.